Balkinization  

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Good Practices at Law Reviews

Mark Tushnet

This is a shout-out to the Washington International Law Journal, formerly the Pacific Rim Law and Policy Journal. Over the weekend I got a request out of the blue for a peer evaluation of an article they had received. (It's a quite good piece on problems that can arise when constitution-drafters defer important questions that they find it impossible to solve, to later resolution through ordinary politics.) I put off reading it for a while, thinking that it might eventually slip below my radar screen. But I did read it and sent them a short note with a brief positive evaluation. I've received requests to review articles from some first-line law reviews at T-15 law schools, and it's nice to see the practice spreading to a second-line journal. (Though I certainly hope that I personally won't get too many of these evaluation requests!)

Older Posts
Newer Posts
Home